Tuscarawas River Rock
Tuscarawas River Rock is a medium sized, multicolored decorative stone that is not washed and used for sitting areas, paths, and landscaping as well as many drainage applications. There is a series of images that will show you what it will look like once it is rinsed off as well as what it looks like when it arrives at your home. The washer from the supplier is currently offline, so your stone will arrived unrinsed and dirtier than normal. Do not worry, it will clean up after a few rains or if you want to wash off once it is spread in place. Its colors include red, brown, and tan and It is approximately 2" to 6" in size.
This makes Tuscarawas River Rock great for:
- Replacing mulch for a lower maintenance decorative landscape covering
- Used for lining a pond or water feature for a natural look
- A variety of drainage uses, such as French Drains
- Filling small decorative containers
If want to fill an area with a decorative gravel that's easy to spread and promotes water drainage, Tuscarawas is most likely the best option.
How do I get my river rock?
- Load the product directly into your truck or trailer using a "skid-steerer" (or Bobcat front loader). Keep in mind the truck bed needs to have an open top to use the loader. You are more than welcome to shovel it in a vehicle that has a closed top.
-Deliver your product in a dump truck that can dump in almost any paved area. We have trucks of various sizes that can fit almost any need.
-Delivery your product in a SuperSack which is a 3'x3'x3' bag on a pallet. The SuperSack is brought to you and placed in a paved area using a forklift on the back of the truck.
- Fill any container you bring! It's much cheaper than buying prepackaged bags.
- Install the product for you! Simply fill out this online form below (labeled "REQUEST A CONSULTATION"), we will call you to fill out a time to provide an immediate on-site estimate for the work you would like completed! Please keep in mind that the estimates are for installation projects, unfortunately, it is cost-prohibitive to offer home visits to help calculate how much stone you need if you are installing the stone yourself. Visit this page if you are interested in learning the approximate installation cost for Tuscarawas River Rock.
How much do I need?
This is the most common question we have and it is easy to figure out with our gravel calculator! Bulk gravel is sold by ton which. If you input a little information into our calculator, we will provide you with how much gravel you will need for your project. Simply get the width and length of the areas that you will be applying the gravel and input the information in our gravel project calculator, then select your desired depth of gravel. The calculator will figure out how many tons you will need! Make sure you consider the existing plants in the area, you will not be applying gravel on top of them so minus some of the area out for that!
Tuscarawas River Rock Calculator
Each ton covers approximately 66 square feet at 4" deep and 88 square feet at 3" deep.
As the stones are approximately 2"- 6" in diameter, it is not possible to consistently spread the gravel 4" deep.
In central Ohio, this stone generally ranges from tan and grey to blues and reds. There is a variation in color depending on the location and depth of the quarry.
This stone is round in shape. The size of each stone is approximately 2"-6" in diameter.
Limestone and granite
Weight of Tuscarawas:
The volume of a ton of Tuscarawas:
21 Cubic Feet
Gravel Installation Instructions:
-Tuscarawas River Rock is often used as a ground covering. While Tuscarawas River Rock does not compact, it can get pushed into the soil over time if no barrier is placed between the soil and the gravel. It is recommended that a barrier such as Filter Fabric be placed on the ground before laying the gravel. This will not only help to keep the Tuscarawas River Rock from being pushed into the soil, but it will also make it much easier to remove the Tuscarawas River Rock should you want to do so.
- It is recommended that Tuscarawas River Rock is spread at a depth between 3" and 4". If no barrier is used between the soil and the Tuscarawas River Rock, some of the gravel will be pushed into the ground and this can be accounted for by laying more gravel when installed. Otherwise, more gravel can be added later to refresh the area. Due to the size of Tuscarawas River Rock, it is not possible to spread it at a depth lower than 3".
-Tuscarawas River Rock is not recommended for construction purposes. While it has been used in the past for construction, it is not recommended due to its round shape which allows it to move and shift when force is applied. This also makes it not ideal for vehicles to drive on.
-Tuscarawas River Rock is not typically recommended for driveways and walkways. Its relatively large size can be somewhat difficult to walk on and the round stones tend to roll under a tire which results in a loss of traction.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call our experts at 614-792-8686 or use the chat window at the bottom right of your screen.
Other Packaging Options:
This product is available in bulk and in supersacks.
Bulk products in the loose form will be dumped from our trucks or loaded by machine in your open truck. Unfortunately, we cannot mix bulk products on the same truck nor can we dump your product in more than one spot. If you are interested in multiple bulk products, you may want to consider selecting the SuperSack packaging option, then you can mix the bulk products on the same truck if they are all packaged in Supersacks. We can bring up to 15 cubic yards or tons of bulk or packaged material to you per delivery. Please keep in mind that our drivers ability to place the product in the exact location you want may be limited due to access and overhead obstructions. We ship product 7 days a week, but please provide a two day notice when orders are placed online. Please contact us with any other questions!
Due to the nature of bulk products, they cannot be returned for credit.