Concrete Sand a construction quality sand which is easy to move and level. ??This makes Concrete Sand great for:
- Using as a leveling agent to level the base of a driveway, patio, wall, or walkway before placing the pavers
- Using as an amendment to soil to help keep it from clumping up
Concrete Sand is generally generally used for leveling. While it has been used for many years as a leveling agent for driveways, patios, and walkways, we recommend using #9 Gravel as it allows more water to drain through it, it does not flow with water, and it can be walked on after leveling. Concrete Sand is still used for the same projects but does not share these features. ??However, it can be spread thinner than #9 Gravel.
If you need to level an area or amend soil to keep it from clumping up, Concrete Sand is may be the best option.
How do I get my gravel?
- Load the product directly into your truck or trailer using a "skid-steerer" (or Bobcat front loader). Keep in mind the truck bed needs to have an open top to use the loader. You are more than welcome to shovel it in a vechicle that has a closed top.
-Deliver your product in a dump truck that can dump in almost any paved area. We have trucks of various sizes that can fit almost any need.
-Delivery your product in a SuperSack which is a 3'x3'x3' bag on a pallet. The SuperSack is brought to you and placed in a paved area using a forklift on the back of the truck.
- Fill any container you bring! It's much cheaper than buying prepackaged bags.
- Install the product for you! Simply fill out this on-line form below (labeled "FREE ESTIMATES"), select an appointment time, and we will be out there to provide an immediate on-site estimate for the work you would like completed! As a general rule, installation labor is approximately $75.00 per ton plus the cost of the material...again just a ballpark so you know what to expect.
Please see below for more detailed information about delivery.
How much do I need? ??
This is the most common question we have and it is easy to figure out with our gravel calculator! ??Bulk gravel is sold by ton which. ??If you provide input a little information to our calculator, we will provide you with how much gravel you will need for your project. ??Simply get the width and length of the areas that you will be applying the gravel and input the information in our gravel project calculator, then select your desired depth of gravel. ??The calculator will figure out how many tons you will need! ??Make sure you consider the existing plants in the area, you will not be applying gravel on top of them so minus some of the area out for that! ??
??Concrete Sand Calculator
Concrete Sand Coverage:??
Each ton covers approximately 60 square feet at 4" deep, 80 square feet at 3" deep, 120 square feet at 2" deep, or 240 square feet at 1" deep.
Concete Sand does not compact and should not be used in between the cracks of paver or natural stone. ??Its relatively large grain size will usually be too large for paver seems and it flows with water meaning that it will eventually flow out of the large cracks in a natural stone patio or walkway.
Concrete Sand Color:
In central Ohio, this stone is generally a grey to tan color. ??There is a variation in color depending on the location and depth in quarry.
Concrete Sand Shape/Size:??
This sand has a maximum particle size of 1/8" and is larger than a play sand.
Concrete Sand Material:
Limestone and/or granite
Weight of Concrete Sand??:
Volume of ton of Concrete Sand:
16 Cubic Feet
Gravel Installation Instructions:??
- Concrete Sand is often used as a leveling agent for patios. When used above compacted #411, approximately 1"-2" is recommended. When using above #57, 2"-3" is recommended. This allows some of the Concrete Sand to fill the gaps in the #57s while #411 will not have such gaps to fill.
- The use of Concrete Sand for driveway, patio, or walkway leveling is being largely replaced by #9 Gravel. #9 Gravel can drain more water and be walked on after leveling.
- Concrete Sand can be a great amendment to soil that is high in clay content. Adding approximately 10% sand to the volume of soil you wish to amend will help to keep the soil from clumping up and allow more water to flow through the soil.
- It is not recommended that you use Concrete Sand for in between the cracks of a natural stone patio or walkway due to the fact that it can flow with water. Its relatively large grain size also typically makes it too large to adequately fill the cracks of a paver driveway, walkway, or patio.
- While some people do use Concrete Sand for childrens' sand boxes, the sand is not well washed and is more coarse than play sand.
- Some customers use Concrete Sand below an above ground pool. This is typically not recommended due to Concrete Sand's grain size. Some of the larger grains can be somewhat sharp and may puncture a liner. We recommend Mason Sand instead!
If you have any questions, please feel free to call our experts at 614-792-8686 or use the chat window at the bottom right of your screen.
Other Packaging Options:
This product is also available in 50 pound bags!
Bulk products in loose form will be dumped from our trucks or loaded by machine in your open truck. ??Unfortunately, we cannot mix bulk products on the same truck nor can we dump your product in more than one spot. ??If you are interested in multiple bulk products, you may want to consider selecting the Supersack packaging option, then you can mix the bulk products on the same truck if they are all packaged in Supersacks. ??We can bring up to 15 cubic yards or tons of bulk or packaged material to you per delivery. ??Please keep in mind that our drivers ability to place the product in the exact location you want it may be limited due to access and overhead obstructions. ??We ship product 7 days a week, but please provide a two day notice when orders are placed on-line. ??Please contact us with any other questions! ??
Due to the nature of bulk products, it cannot be returned for credit.