Premium Blend Topsoil, Cubic Yard
Premium Blend Topsoil is a non-sterile screened mixture of compost, soil, and sand. Approximately 70% topsoil, 25% compost, and 5% sand.
Premium Blend Topsoil is a non-sterile screened mixture of compost, soil, and sand. This makes Premium Blend Topsoil great for:
- Creating flower beds or vegetable gardens
- Potting plants
- Leveling shallow dips in a yard and for growing grass.
Premium Blend Topsoil is a great soil for planting. It's well screened and its organic material make it very light and able to hold large amounts of water. While this is great for planting, it does not work well for building large areas or grading away from your home. If you're looking for soil to grade or build up large areas, we suggest our Fill Dirt that we offer as well.
If you're looking for a great soil to plant in, Premium Blend Topsoil is most likely the best option.
How do I get my soil?
- Load the product directly into your truck or trailer using a "skid-steerer" (or Bobcat front loader). Keep in mind the truck bed needs to have an open top to use the loader. You are more than welcome to shovel it in a vechicle that has a closed top.
-Deliver your product in a dump truck that can dump in almost any paved area. We have trucks of various sizes that can fit almost any need.
-Delivery your product in a SuperSack which is a 3'x3'x3' bag on a pallet. The SuperSack is brought to you and placed in a paved area using a forklift on the back of the truck.
- Fill any container you bring! It's much cheaper than buying prepackaged bags.
- Install the product for you! Simply fill out this on-line form below (labeled "FREE ESTIMATES"), select an appointment time, and we will be out there to provide an immediate on-site estimate for the work you would like completed! As a general rule, installation labor is approximately $75.00 per cubic yard plus the cost of the material...again just a ballpark so you know what to expect.
Please see below for more detailed information about delivery.
How much do I need?
This is the most common question we have and it is easy to figure out with our soil calculator! Bulk soil is sold by cubic yard which is 27 cubic feet. If you provide input a little information to our calculator, we will provide you with how much soil you will need for your project. Simply get the width and length of the areas that you will be applying the gravel and input the information in our soil project calculator, then select your desired depth of gravel. The calculator will figure out how many cubic yards you will need!
Premium Blend Topsoil Calculator
Premium Blend Topsoil Coverage:
Each cubic yard covers approximately 81 square feet at 4" deep, 108 square feet at 3" deep, or 162 square feet at 2" deep.
Premium Blend Topsoil settles over time. If you're laying this soil any deeper than 3", expect it to settle over a matter of years.
Premium Blend Topsoil Color:
This soil is highly rich in nutrients and ranges form a dark brown to a near-black color, based on its water content.
Premium Blend Topsoil Shape/Size:
This soil is screened through a processing plant that pulverizes it. Then, there is compost mixed in that ehnances and promote plant growth. There will be stick, mulch, and other organic matter mixed in that will be larger. Also, if there has been moisture (rain), there maybe clumps on occasion.
Premium Blend Topsoil Material:
This is a non-sterile, screened mixture of compost, soil, and sand. Approximately 70% topsoil, 25% compost, and 5% sand.
Weight of Premium Blend Topsoil :
Volume of one cubic yard of Premium Blend Topsoil:
27 Cubic Feet
Topsoil Installation Instructions:
- There are no tricks for installation. Simple cover the area with soil where you wish to plant. We suggest using a digging shovel (a shovel with a point) to move the soil and a metal rake to spread and level the soil
If you have any questions, please feel free to call our experts at 614-792-8686 or use the chat window at the bottom right of your screen.
Other Packaging Options:
A similiar product is also available in 50 pound bags! Keep in mind that the bagged product is a richer organice soil from Michigan compared to the local soil that has compost mixed with it.
Bulk products in loose form will be dumped from our trucks or loaded by machine in your open truck. Unfortunately, we cannot mix bulk products on the same truck nor can we dump your product in more than one spot. If you are interested in multiple bulk products, you may want to consider selecting the Supersack packaging option, then you can mix the bulk products on the same truck if they are all packaged in Supersacks. We can bring up to 15 cubic yards or tons of bulk or packaged material to you per delivery. Please keep in mind that our drivers ability to place the product in the exact location you want it may be limited due to access and overhead obstructions. We ship product 7 days a week, but please provide a two day notice when orders are placed on-line. Please contact us with any other questions!
Due to the nature of bulk products, it cannot be returned for credit.