Polymeric Sand, Oxford Grey
Polybind Sand is a unique mixture of polymer binders and calibrated sand. The installation of Polybind Sand is almost identical to using regular paver joint sand except for the application of water.
Polybind polymeric sand in Oxford Grey color is a stocked product at our store.
Polybind Sand is a unique mixture of polymer binders and calibrated sand. The installation of Polybind Sand is almost identical to using regular paver joint sand except for the application of water. Once Polybind Sand sets, it becomes very firm and locks between the paver joints while still retaining flexibility and providing a long lasting, durable jointing material. Polybind Sand is recommended for a variety of uses including pool decks, patios, footpaths, driveways, parking spaces, pavements etc.
- Haze Free Formula
- Waterproof Bag
- Can be used for joints up to a maximum of 1 inch (2.5 cm) and its fine gradation allows use in even the tightest joints
- Helps prevent weeds and damage caused by burrowing insects
- Helps prevent erosion due to wind, rain, and freeze thaw cycles
- Fast setting: Product sets within one hour after application of water
- Sets at above freezing temperatures (32°F/ 0°C)
- Can be applied even if rain is expected (however, minimum of 1 hour of dry weather is needed after activation)
65 to 85 square feet for narrow joints.
22 to 42 square feet for wide joints.
POLYBIND SAND INSTALLATION ON NEW PAVER SURFACE
PREPARATION INFORMATION (Important Notes)
- Pavers and slabs must be installed according to ICPI Tech Spec #2 (www.icpi.org) before Polybind Sand installation. If pavers are installed over a concrete slab, (overlay application) POLYBIND COMPLETE SAND polymeric sand must be used.
- Polybind Sand Technical Data Sheet is available at: polybind.com
- Pavers’ sides and top surfaces must be completely dry. Do not apply if the paver surface is damp or wet. The damp or wet surface will cause Polybind Sand to prematurely activate and will lead to the polymers sticking on the paver surface.
- Do not apply if the paver joints are damp or wet. This will prevent the Polybind Sand from properly sliding into the joints and obtaining very densely packed joints, which is critical to the products performance.
- Temperature must be above 32°F with dry conditions (no rain for at least 1 hour) before installing Polybind Sand.
- Avoid excessive watering or flooding of paver surface.
- For all paver surfaces, and particularly around in-ground pools there must be a slope of 1/8 inch (0.3 cm) per linear foot away from the edge of the pool, or structures to ensure optimal performance of the Polybind Sand.
- For the pool coping units it is mandatory to use mortar in the joints. For the rest of the paver installation around the pool, you can use Polybind Sand.
- Do not sweep Polybind Sand over asphalt.
- Install Polybind Sand a minimum of 1/8 inch (0.3 cm) below the paver surface or erosion may occur. The filled and cured v joints should never be in direct contact with foot traffic or tires. The product must only be used as a recessed jointing material.
Spread Polybind Sand with hard-bristle broom. Make sure the Polybind Sand completely fills the joints. Do not use other materials in the joints.
Leave a layer of Polybind Sand on the surface to aid in vibrating and consolidating Supersand Bond into joints.
Vibrate the Polybind Sand into the paver joints using a vibratory plate compactor. A rubber pad is recommended. A roller compactor is best for slab installation.
Joints should be filled up to 1/8 inch below the edge or chamfer. It is best to compact in several directions to ensure there are no air gaps or voids in the joints. Repeat steps 1-3 to ensure joints are filled and consolidated. Narrow joints require more care to completely fill.
Sweep off excess Polybind Sand from the paved surface, first with a hard-bristle broom, then a soft bristle broom. Take care to leave the height of the polymeric sand at least 1/8 inch below the edge or chamfer of the paver.
Use a leaf blower to remove all remaining Polybind Sand residue from the paved surface.
Shower water on a specific water area of 100 sq.ft., do not wait longer than 2 to 3 minutes. Proceed to STEP 8.
WATER ACTIVATION (Important Notes)
- Work in manageable sections, ideally about 100 sq. ft. at a time, depending on temperature.
- Do not allow Polybind Sand to wash out of joint.
- Never allow paved surface to dry out during the water activation phase.
- Watering must be started at the lowest point of the paved surface.
- Use a watering gun connected to a hose. Setting should be set to shower.
Shower and rinse simultaneously on a section of approximately 100 sq. ft. so as to eliminate any Polybind Sand residue left on the pavers. Any Polybind Sand residue should go directly into the paver joints. Wait no longer than 2 to 3 minutes. Proceed to STEP 9.
Shower and rinse simultaneously, so as to eliminate any Polybind Sand residue. Any residue should go directly into the paver joints. However, stop showering when you see water retention on the paver joints. Wait no longer than 2 to 3 minutes. Proceed to STEP 10. Note: Repeat the directions of steps 7 to 9 for all other areas that have not been showered with water.
Use a leaf blower to remove any excess water remaining on the paver pores and crevices. This blowing action is necessary to help remove any remaining Polybind Sand residue left on paver surfaces from the previous steps.
IMPORTANT The water used in steps 7 to 9 will activate a bonding action as well as condensing Polybind Sand in the joints. It is important to water the Polybind Sand a total of 3 times, as per steps 7, 8 and 9.Too little water will not properly activate the Polybind Sand and will reduce the final performance.
POLYBIND SAND INSTALLATION ON AN EXISTING PAVER SURFACE
If using Polybind Sand to replace existing jointing materials, old jointing materials need to be completely cleaned out of the joints and pavers completely dry before installing Polybind Sand. However, be careful not to disturb the bedding material under the pavers. Follow steps 1 to 10 of SPolybind Sand installation steps (for a new paver surface).
Clay Pavers: If used on clay pavers make sure they are 100% dry. Clay pavers tend to hold moisture, which can prematurely activate the Polybind Sand while the sand is being spread over the paver surface, leaving a residue (always apply on a test area before using the Polybind Sand on clay pavers).
Moss: Polybind Sand will not cause nor prevent moss, mold or mildew. Moss, mold and mildew are caused by certain on site conditions including excess moisture, shade, absence of ventilation, inadequate cleaning or maintenance, presence of soil or other organic debris left on the product.