Pea Gravel is a small, multicolored decorative stone used for sitting areas, paths, and landscaping.
This makes Pea Gravel great for:
- Spreading over a large area for a naturally looking and low cost patio area. Many people use Pea Gravel for a sitting area around a fire pit
- Replacing mulch for a lower maintenance decorative landscape covering
- Filling small decorative containers
If want to fill and area for a small, decorative gravel that's easy to spread and walk on, Pea Gravel is most likely the best option.
How do I get my gravel?
- Load the product directly into your truck or trailer using a "skid-steerer" (or Bobcat front loader). Keep in mind the truck bed needs to have an open top to use the loader. You are more than welcome to shovel it in a vehicle that has a closed top.
-Deliver your product in a dump truck that can dump in almost any paved area. We have trucks of various sizes that can fit almost any need.
-Delivery your product in a SuperSack which is a 3'x3'x3' bag on a pallet. The SuperSack is brought to you and placed in a paved area using a forklift on the back of the truck.
- Fill any container you bring! It's much cheaper than buying prepackaged bags.
- Install the product for you! Simply fill out this online form below (labeled "REQUEST A CONSULTATION"), we will call you to fill out a time to provide an immediate on-site estimate for the work you would like completed! Please keep in mind that the estimates are or installation projects, unfortunately, it is cost-prohibitive to offer home visits to help calculate how much stone you need if you are installing the stone yourself. Visit this page if you are interested in learning the approximate installation cost for Pea Gravel.
How much do I need?
This is the most common question we have and it is easy to figure out with our gravel calculator! Bulk gravel is sold by ton which. If you input a little information into our calculator, we will provide you with how much gravel you will need for your project. Simply get the width and length of the areas that you will be applying the gravel and input the information into our gravel project calculator, then select your desired depth of gravel. The calculator will figure out how many tons you will need! Make sure you consider the existing plants in the area, you will not be applying gravel on top of them so minus some of the area out for that!
Pea Gravel Calculator
Pea Gravel Coverage:
Each ton covers approximately 60 square feet at 4" deep, 80 square feet at 3" deep, or 120 square feet at 2" deep. Pea Gravel does not compact so you do not need to account for a compaction ratio. However, if you're installing Pea Gravel on top of soil with no barrier between them, Pea Gravel will eventually push into the soil and need to be refreshed after a matter of time.
Pea Gravel Color:
In central Ohio, this stone generally ranges from tan and grey to blues and reds. There is a variation in color depending on the location and depth of the quarry.
Pea Gravel Shape/Size:
This stone is round in shape. The size of each grain is approximately 3/8".
Pea Gravel Material:
Limestone and granite
Weight of Pea Gravel:
Volume of ton of Pea Gravel:
19 Cubic Feet
Gravel Installation Instructions:
- Pea Gravel is often used as a ground covering. While Pea Gravel does not compact, it can get pushed into the soil over time if no barrier is placed between the soil and the gravel. It is recommended that a barrier such as Filter Fabric be placed on the ground before laying the gravel. This will not only help to keep the Pea Gravel from being pushed into the soil, it will make it much easier to remove the Pea Gravel should you want to do so.
- It is recommended that all ground covering, including Pea Gravel, is spread at a depth between 2" and 4". If no barrier is used between the soil and the Pea Gravel, some of the gravel will be pushed into the ground and this can be accounted for by laying more gravel when installed. Otherwise, more gravel can be added later to refresh the area.
- Pea Gravel is not recommended for construction purposes. While it has been used in the past for construction, it is not recommended due to its round shape which allows it to move and shift when force is applied.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call our experts at 614-792-8686 or use the chat window at the bottom right of your screen.
Other Packaging Options:
This product is also sold in 50 pound bags!
Bulk products in loose form will be dumped from our trucks or loaded by machine in your open truck. Unfortunately, we cannot mix bulk products on the same truck nor can we dump your product in more than one spot. If you are interested in multiple bulk products, you may want to consider selecting the SuperSack packaging option, then you can mix the bulk products on the same truck if they are all packaged in SuperSacks. We can bring up to 15 cubic yards or tons of bulk or packaged material to you per delivery. Please keep in mind that our drivers ability to place the product in the exact location you want it may be limited due to access and overhead obstructions. We ship product 7 days a week, but please provide a two day notice when orders are placed online. Please contact us with any other questions!
Due to the nature of bulk products, it cannot be returned for credit.