Glacier Boulders 6" to 18"
Came to Ohio via the ice age and were deposited here many, many years ago! They range in colors from greys and browns to grey. These granite and limestone boulders range from 6" to 18" in size.
Glacier Boulders 6" to 18" are a large, multicolored decorative stone boulders with a large number of uses. It is approximately 6" to 18" in size. This makes Glacier Boulders great for:
- Using as ground coverage when mixed in with River Rock.
- Accenting any landscaping area
- Mixing with Small River Rock and/or Medium River Rock to offset the size of stone in an area for a more natural look.
- Filling or surrounding ponds for a natural look
- Using in aquariums - many customers come to buy Large River Rock a few pieces at a time
- Stacking in a circle for a natural fire pit
- Building a short wall or border for a landscaped bed
If want to fill and area with a decorative gravel that's easy to spread and promotes water drainage, Large River Rock is most likely the best option.
How do I get my gravel?
- Load the product directly into your truck or trailer using a "skid-steerer" (or Bobcat front loader). Keep in mind the truck bed needs to have an open top to use the loader. You are more than welcome to shovel it in a vechicle that has a closed top.
-Deliver your product in a dump truck that can dump in almost any paved area. We have trucks of various sizes that can fit almost any need.
-Delivery your product in a SuperSack which is a 3'x3'x3' bag on a pallet. The SuperSack is brought to you and placed in a paved area using a forklift on the back of the truck.
- Fill any container you bring! It's much cheaper than buying prepackaged bags.
- Install the product for you! Simply fill out this on-line form below (labeled "FREE ESTIMATES"), select an appointment time, and we will be out there to provide an immediate on-site estimate for the work you would like completed! As a general rule, installation labor is approximately $75.00 per ton plus the cost of the material...again just a ballpark so you know what to expect.
Please see below for more detailed information about delivery.
How much do I need?
This is the most common question we have and it is easy to figure out with our gravel calculator! Bulk gravel is sold by ton which. If you provide input a little information to our calculator, we will provide you with how much gravel you will need for your project. Simply get the width and length of the areas that you will be applying the gravel and input the information in our gravel project calculator, then select your desired depth of gravel. The calculator will figure out how many tons you will need! Make sure you consider the existing plants in the area, you will not be applying gravel on top of them so minus some of the area out for that!
Large River Rock Calculator
Glacier Boulders 6" to 18" Coverage:
Each ton covers approximately 20 square feet at 12" deep.
As the stones are approximately 6"-18" in diameter, it is not possible to consistently spread the gravel 9" deep.
Glacier Boulders 6" to 18" Color:
In central Ohio, this stone generally ranges from tan and grey to blues and reds. There is a variation in color depending on the location and depth in quarry.
Glacier Boulders 6" to 18" Shape/Size:
This stone is round in shape. The size of each stone is approximately 6"-12" in diameter.
Glacier Boulders 6" to 18" Material:
Limestone and granite
Weight of Glacier Boulders 6" to 18" :
Volume of ton of Large River Rock:
23 Cubic Feet
Gravel Installation Instructions:
- Glacier Boulders is often used accent boulders in landscape beds. While Glacier Boulders does not compact, it can get pushed into the soil over time if no barrier is placed between the soil and the gravel. It is recommended that a barrier such as Filter Fabric be placed on the ground before laying the gravel. This will not only help to keep the Glacier Boulders from being pushed into the soil, it will make it much easier to remove the Glacier Boulders should you want to do so.
- Borders can be built with Glacier Boulders. The average diameter of each stone is approximately 8" meaning that you can build a 1-stone-high border approximately 50 feet long with 1 ton of Large River Rock.
- Large River Rock is not recommended for construction purposes due to its round shape.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call our experts at 614-792-8686 or use the chat window at the bottom right of your screen.
Other Packaging Options:
This product is only available in bulk but you can purchase as little as one stone at You may purchase as little as one stone at $0.20/lb. We will also fill any recipticle you bring - just make sure you can move the container after its filled with stone!
Bulk products in loose form will be dumped from our trucks or loaded by machine in your open truck. Unfortunately, we cannot mix bulk products on the same truck nor can we dump your product in more than one spot. If you are interested in multiple bulk products, you may want to consider selecting the Supersack packaging option, then you can mix the bulk products on the same truck if they are all packaged in Supersacks. We can bring up to 15 cubic yards or tons of bulk or packaged material to you per delivery. Please keep in mind that our drivers ability to place the product in the exact location you want it may be limited due to access and overhead obstructions. We ship product 7 days a week, but please provide a two day notice when orders are placed on-line. Please contact us with any other questions!
Due to the nature of bulk products, it cannot be returned for credit.