All Purpose Stone
All purpose stone is by far one of the most popular gravel selections in the Mr. Mulch catalog. Coming in at about at 3/4" size, this gravel is a generic gravel that is used for a large number of projects.
All purpose stone is by far one of the most popular gravel selections in the Mr. Mulch catalog. Coming in at about at 3/4" size, this gravel is a generic gravel that is used for a large number of projects. All Purpose Gravel is recommended for:
- Laying a based below a paver or wall project
- Using in the bottom of a flower pot to allow drainage
- Any drainage application such is in basement window wells
- Filling holes in gravel driveways
The uses are limitless. If you need something that's cheap, will fill space, give a solid based, and allow drainage, All Purpose Gravel is probably perfect for the job.
How do I get my product?
We have different ways to get the product to its final place. You can stop by our store anytime to purchase the product and we will load it for you, so no dirty work for you (yet). If you prefer, we can deliver it to your home so you do not need to pick up. Delivery charges vary and depend on where you live, but most areas we deliver to are $59.00 to $99.00. When you are in the shopping cart, you will be able to enter your zip code to get an exact quote. Finally, we can install it for you! Simply fill out this on-line form below (labeled "FREE ESTIMATES"), select an appointment time, and we will be out there to provide an immediate on-site estimate for the work you would like completed!
How much do I need?
This is the most common question we have and it is easy to figure out with our calculator! All Purpose Gravel is sold by the weight (0.5 cubic foot - 50 pound bags or by the ton). If you provide input a little information to our calculator, we will provide you with how much you will need for your project. Simply get the width and length of the areas that you will be applying the product and input the information in our project calculator, then select your desired depth of product. The calculator will figure out how many bags or tons you will need!
All Purpose Gravel Calculator
All Purpose Gravel Coverage:
Each bag is a half cubic foot. This will cover 3 square feet at 2" deep, 2 square feet at 3" deep, and 1.5 square feet at 4" deep.
All Purpose Gravel Color:
All Purpose Gravel Shape/Size:
Angular 3/4" stone
All Purpose Gravel Material:
Weight of All Purpose Gravel:
Approximately 50 Pounds
Volume of one bag of All Purpose Gravel:
0.5 cubic feet per bag
- New gravel driveways should be done in two layers. First layer or base should be either #2 Gravel or #4 Gravel, this layer should be 3" to 6". You will then use #57 Gravel, the appropriate depth of stone should be 3" to 6". Vehicles and time will push the gravel into the soil which will require more gravel initially than if the area already had a hard base to lay upon. In 2-3 years, you may need to refresh the area until the ground is hard enough to no longer allow the gravel to be pushed into the soil.
- Existing driveways need approximately 2" of gravel. You may need more if the previously layed gravel has been pushed deep into the soil.
- Patios need at least 4" of #57 Gravel as a base with a leveling agent like #9 Gravel for the stone to lay naturally on. If you plan to place heavy objects on the patio such as a fireplace or hot tub, you need at least 6" of gravel to reduce sinking in that area. Paved driveways need least 10" of #57, especially if heavy vehicles will be driven on them. Keep in mind that you will need to overdig the paved area, so add a couple feet on each side of your measurement to ensure you have enough.
- #57s are also regularly used for backfill on a retaining wall. This allows water to flow over and through the ground towards your wall but instead of pushing soil over, into, and through your wall, the soil and water can move through the #57s instead. You'll need a compacted gravel based below the wall that will depend on the weight of the wall (the density of the stone and the volume of all stones, including the cap). The backfill will start from the base of the wall and go vertically up the back of the wall, leaving 4"-6" below the top of the wall (that area will be covered by native soil). The backfill gravel will start from the back of the wall and extend towards the soil - anywhere from 3" to 10", depending on the height of the wall and how much water flows in the area.
- Small structures such as sheds generally need 3"-4" inches of #57 gravel while larger sheds may need more.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call our experts at 614-792-8686 or use the chat window at the bottom right of your screen.
Other Packaging Options:
This product is also sold by the ton!
This product is generally shipped palletized on our flatbed truck and placed on your driveway. This product can delivered any other bagged/packaged mulch, bagged/packaged topsoil, bagged/packaged sand, bagged concrete mix, bagged/packaged gravel, grass seed, straw, sod, Eco-Bricks, bagged/packaged salt, bagged wood pellets or packaged firewood. Due to the nature of the packaging and trucks we use, we cannot deliver this bagged product with any bulk mulch, bulk topsoil, bulk sand, bulk gravel, bulk salt, or bulk firewood.
This product is stocked at our store and can be returned for full credit within 30 days with receipt. Product must be returned fully sealed with no rips in the bag(s).