Zoo Brew Compost
Zoo Brew is an all-natural compost including zoo manure & animal bedding from the Columbus Zoo, horse manure, recycled food & vegetables, leaf humus, and coffee grounds. Unique composition abundant in nutrients and humus. Excellent for use as a mulch with a natural black color.
Zoo Brew is an all-natural compost including zoo manure & animal bedding from the Columbus Zoo, horse manure, recycled food & vegetables, leaf humus, and coffee grounds. Unique composition abundant in nutrients and humus. Excellent for use as a mulch with a natural black color. This makes Zoo Brew great for:
- A naturally black mulch that will not only make your beds look great but will add nutrients to the soil
- Using as an amendemnt for current beds to help break up clay and naturally fertilizing your soil
Zoo Brew is one of our best natural fertilizers to amend your soil with. It's relatively cheap and a very high quality product. If you're looking to mulch or fertilize (even at the same time!) with a great product that helps recylce product from our local zoo, Zoo Brew is a great choice!
How do I get my Zoo Brew?
- Load the product directly into your truck or trailer using a "skid-steerer" (or Bobcat front loader). Keep in mind the truck bed needs to have an open top to use the loader. You are more than welcome to shovel it in a vechicle that has a closed top.
-Deliver your product in a dump truck that can dump in almost any paved area. We have trucks of various sizes that can fit almost any need.
-Delivery your product in a SuperSack which is a 3'x3'x3' bag on a pallet. The SuperSack is brought to you and placed in a paved area using a forklift on the back of the truck.
- Fill any container you bring! It's much cheaper than buying prepackaged bags.
- Install the product for you! Simply fill out this on-line form below (labeled "FREE ESTIMATES"), select an appointment time, and we will be out there to provide an immediate on-site estimate for the work you would like completed! As a general rule, installation labor is approximately $75.00 per cubic yard plus the cost of the material...again just a ballpark so you know what to expect.
Please see below for more detailed information about delivery.
How much do I need?
This is the most common question we have and it is easy to figure out with our soil calculator! Bulk soil is sold by cubic yard which is 27 cubic feet. If you provide input a little information to our calculator, we will provide you with how much soil you will need for your project. Simply get the width and length of the areas that you will be applying the gravel and input the information in our soil project calculator, then select your desired depth of gravel. The calculator will figure out how many cubic yards you will need!
Zoo Brew Calculator
Zoo Brew Coverage:
Each cubic yard covers approximately 81 square feet at 4" deep, 108 square feet at 3" deep, or 162 square feet at 2" deep.
Zoo Brew settles over time. If you're laying Zoo Brew any deeper than 3", expect it to settle over a matter of years.
Zoo Brew Color:
Zoo Brew is highly rich in nutrients and ranges form a dark brown to a near-black color. For a product with no dyes, it keeps its color amazingly well.
Zoo Brew Shape/Size:
This additive has many different products in it and ranges from a very small grain to small pieces of mulch used as bedding at our local zoo.
Zoo Brew Material:
This product is made of zoo manure & animal bedding, horse manure, recycled food & vegetables, leaf humus, and coffee grounds.
Weight of Zoo Brew :
Volume of one cubic yard of Zoo Brew:
27 Cubic Feet
Topsoil Installation Instructions:
- When using as a mulch, it is recommended to spread 2"-4", depending on how much mulch you currently have in place.
- When using Zoo Brew as an amendment, it is recommended to measure the volume of soil you wish to ammend then purchase 25% of that volume to till into the soil. Spread approximately 2" on top of the surface then use a shovel or motorized tiller to mixed the soil thourougly.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call our experts at 614-792-8686 or use the chat window at the bottom right of your screen.
Other Packaging Options:
This product is only available in bulk but we can fill any container you bring in. Just make sure it's not too heavy to move when filled!
Bulk products in loose form will be dumped from our trucks or loaded by machine in your open truck. Unfortunately, we cannot mix bulk products on the same truck nor can we dump your product in more than one spot. If you are interested in multiple bulk products, you may want to consider selecting the Supersack packaging option, then you can mix the bulk products on the same truck if they are all packaged in Supersacks. We can bring up to 15 cubic yards or tons of bulk or packaged material to you per delivery. Please keep in mind that our drivers ability to place the product in the exact location you want it may be limited due to access and overhead obstructions. We ship product 7 days a week, but please provide a two day notice when orders are placed on-line. Please contact us with any other questions!
Due to the nature of bulk products, it cannot be returned for credit.