Ultra Black Double Shredded Hardwood Mulch, 2 Cubic Foot Bag
This is an excellent choice if you want a dyed black mulch that has some texture to it, this mulch is processed twice for consistency. This mulch is all bark so no manure or other additives, just courser than the triple shredded mulch.
Ultra Black Double Shredded Hardwood Mulch has a variety of benefits that will improve your flower and vegetable beds, while also boosting the aesthetic appeal of your landscape design. These benefits include:
- Controlling weeds
- Moisture retention
- Increased heat retention due to dyed black mulch.
- Protecting crops from soil borne diseases
- Allowing runoff of excess rainfall
- Slows plant decay
- Supplies organic material to the soil
The mulch retains its color nicely, and it stays in place, which helps landscaping to stay neat and attractive all year long.
With any color enhanced mulch (dyed mulch), it must cure or dry for a period of 24 hours after it is spread. Please check the weather forecast and apply dyed mulch when there is no rain in the forecast for 24 hours after you apply the mulch. If it rains or water is applied to the dyed mulch before this period, the dye/colorant will wash out.
How do I get my mulch?
We have different ways to get the mulch to its final place...your landscape beds!
1. You can stop by our store anytime to purchase the mulch and we will load it for you, so no dirty work for you (yet).
2. If you prefer, we can deliver it to your home so you do not need to pick up. The delivery charge vary and depend on where you live and how much you get, here are the current DELIVERY RATES. When you are in the shopping cart, you will be prompted to select pick up in store or delivery. When you select the delivery option, it will ask for the zip code that the product will be delivered.
3. Simple fill out this online form below, enter the information we need, and we will be out there to provide an on-site estimate for the work you would like completed! Please keep in mind that the free estimates are for installation projects, unfortunately it is cost prohibative to offer home visits to help calculate how much mulch you need. We have a great calculator on this website that can figure this out or chat with us or even call us on the phone, we would love to help you figure out how much you need!
How much do I need?
This is one of the most common question we have and it is easy to figure out with our mulch calculator! This mulch is sold by volume (2 cubic foot bags or by the cubic yard) not by weight. If you provide input a little information to our mulch calculator, we will provide you with how much mulch you will need for your project. Simply get the width and length of the areas that you will be applying the mulch and input the information in our mulch calculator, then select your desired depth of mulch (most common depth is 2" for remulching existing beds and 4" for new landscape beds). The calculator will figure out how many bags or cubic yards you will need! Make sure you consider the existing plants in the area, you will not be applying mulch on top of them so minus some of the area out for that!
|Texture/Shape/Size||Double shredded texture, limited large pieces|
|Volume||2 cubic feet|
|Bags per pallet||52|
|Coverage||Each two cubic foot bag covers 6 square feet at 4" deep, 9 square feet at 3" deep, or 12 square feet at 2" deep.|
A similiar product is available in bulk. You can also select the Supersack packaging option if you choose the bulk product.
We install all of the products that we offer for sale, we even offer services related to our products as well. So, yes we will install mulch for you! Generally, the installation (labor) is $5.00 per bag. We also will clean up your landscape beds, create a new edge in on your beds, and even trim your shrubs; we will need to visit your home to provide a proposal on this service. Please click on the icon below, fill out the information, and we will provide a complete proposal for you.
Please keep in mind that the free estimates are for installation projects, unfortunately it is cost prohibative to offer home visits to help calculate how much mulch you need. We have a great calculator on this website that can figure this out or chat with us or even call us on the phone, we would love to help you figure out how much you need!
This product is considered a palletized product for shipping purposed. Palletized products are considered bagged/packaged mulch, topsoil, sand, and gravel as well as landscape stone, pavers, wallstone, straw, sod, Enviro-Bricks, or bagged wood pellets. These products will generally be shipped on our flatbed truck and placed on your driveway and possibly one other location in your yard.
Due to the nature of the packaging and trucks we use, we cannot deliver this bagged product with any bulk mulch, bulk topsoil, bulk sand, bulk gravel, bulk salt, or bulk firewood unless these bulk products are packaged in Supersacks.
We ship product 7 days a week, but please provide a one to two day notice when orders are placed on-line. Need it quicker, please call us at 614-792-8686 to see if this is possible.
This product is stocked at our store and can be returned for full credit within 30 days with receipt. Product must be returned fully sealed with no rips in the packaging.