Firewood (1/6 Cord)
- Buy 3 for $58.33 per 1/6th each and save 22%
- Buy 6 for $49.17 per 1/6th each and save 34%
We sell our firewood in different volumes, the price of $75.00 is for 1/6 of a cord; for larger amounts please select more units. The prices are discounted based on volume. Our firewood is a mix of hardwoods which includes ash, oak, maple, cherry, apple, and hickory, currently our firewood is predominately ash. The firewood is 16-20" in length and is split. Our firewood ranges in overall size as some pieces might be larger, others are smaller. Our moisture content ranges from 20% to 30%, seasoned wood is moisture content of 50% or less. The logs have a one year drying period to ensure proper aging and optimal burning quality. We have an excellent delivery system and helpful, friendly employees. The delivery trucks are on delivery in the Columbus area daily. Delivery time runs approximately 1-7 days.
Want to pickup firewood? Drop by any time we're open and we'll load your car, SUV, or truck!
How do you get your firewood?
We have different ways to get the firewood to your home
1. You can stop by our store anytime to purchase the firewood and get it loaded into your vehicle
- Need just a few pieces, we can do that too! Just $1.85 per piece, there are approximately 300 pieces per cord of firewood.
- A trunk of a car will hold 1/6 cord and it will be full
- An SUV or smaller pick up trucks will hold TWO 1/6 of a cord of firewood.
- A standard sized pickup truck such as a Ford F150 with a 6' bed will hold 1/2 of a cord in the bed.
- If you want a cord, bring a dump truck or a trailer!
2. If you prefer, we can deliver it to your home so you do not need to pick up. The delivery charge vary and depend on where you live and how much you get, here are the current DELIVERY RATES. When you are in the shopping cart, you will be prompted to select pick up in store or delivery. When you select the delivery option, it will ask for the zip code that the product will be delivered. We can dump the firewood on your driveway or we can stack it for you. We charge $17.500 per 1/6 cord of wood if stacked within 50 feet of the truck. We can go further and up stairs, but there are additional costs.
Don't Get Cheated!
Buying firewood can be trickier than you think! Here's a few things to look for:
- *Get What You Pay For! - A "Cord" of wood is a measure of volume totaling 128 cubic feet when stacked (typically 4'x4'x8'). Many firewood sellers will tell you that they're selling a cord when it's really a "Face Cord" which is 1/3 of the size of a Cord (sometimes called a True Cord). Selling by the Face Cord, truckload, or "Rick" is illegal in the state of Ohio. To sell by the volume, firewood must be sold by the cord or fractions of a cord.
- *Buy Hardwoods - Ask what kind of wood you're getting! Hardwoods are not only provide more heat, they burn longer. Also, some softwoods like pines contain pitch that, when not fully burned, can coat the inside of your fireplace and eventually catch fire. All firewood contains creosote but you're much more likely to build up creosote on the walls of your chimney with pines.
- *Make Sure It's Dry Enough to Burn - The obvious goal is to get "seasoned" firewood. Unfortunately, there's no well established definition for the word. Even length of seasoning time can be misleading, depending on if the wood was already split when it was seasoned, how long the tree was dead before it was chopped down, and what kind of wood it is (some woods hold moisture longer than others). Anyone can tell you that their firewood has been seasoned but the best firewood sellers check their firewood with a moisture meter which checks the moisture content of the wood by running a current into the wood and checking its resistance. More resistance means less moisture. By law in Ohio, firewood must be sold below 50% moisture content. We sell our firewood when it's 20% moisture content or below. This is the recommendation of the Franklin County Department of Weights and Measures. If the supplier doesn't know what the moisture content of their wood is, you can't be sure that you're getting firewood that will burn like it should.
- *Know Who You're Buying From - Buy from a company that has a reputation for selling firewood and that can be reached if something isn't right. If you get shorted, the wood isn't seasoned, or you find that you've been sold softwoods like pine that can be dangerous to burn, you want to be able to find that company so that they or the Department of Weights and Measures can make it right.
If you check on these few points, you can avoid getting cheated by someone trying to make a quick buck.
NBC4 and the Franklin County Department of Weights and Measures have used Mr. Mulch to shoot videos on our property for years to give consumers these tips. Don't take our word for it. Hear it straight from them!
The best seasoned firewood comes from Mr. Mulch! We have a variety of hardwood firewood, including oak, maple, cherry, apple and hickory. The firewood is 16-20" in length with a quarter split. Each piece has a 1.5 to 2 year drying period to ensure proper aging and optimal burn quality for our customers.
|Texture/Shape/Size||Rough, dry logs with only 20-25% moisture content|
|Material||Mix of hardwoods including oak, ash, locust, and walnut.|
|Volume||21.33 cubic feet|
|Coverage||On average, each piece of firewood is 15" to 16" in length with a quarter inch split|
This product is loose in piles at our store and is generally shipped in bulk form in our trucks and dumped on your driveway. Multiple bulk products that are loose cannot be shipped at the same time in our dump trucks. We can package all loose bulk products into large "Super" sacks for shipment on our flatbed truck. There is a fee of $25.00 per cubic yard for mulch, topsoil, and compost products or $25.00 per 1.5 tons for sand, gravel, and salt products. Firewood can be placed in super sacks for $25.00 per 1/6 of a cord. If the loose product becomes packaged, it can be shipped with any other palletized products.
This product is stocked at our store. Due to the seasonality of this product, this item is not returnable for credit.