#411 Gravel is a very commonly used gravel for construction applications. Its compactible nature makes it great to use as a solid base for various structures.
#411 Limestone is a very commonly used gravel for construction applications. Its compactible nature makes it great to use as a solid base for various structures. This makes #411 Limestone great for:
- Based for a patios, walkways, driveways, walls, and sheds
- Fill material for around a post for fences and signs
- Many other construction related applications
#411 Limestone is also sometimes referred to as Paver Base or 46D.
If you need to fill an area with something that will give you a very hard base, won't move, won't get washed out, won't allow large amounts of water through, and can later be removed without machinery, #411 Gravel will get the job done!
How do I get my limestone?
- Load the product directly into your truck or trailer using a "skid-steerer" (or Bobcat front loader). Keep in mind the truck bed needs to have an open top to use the loader. You are more than welcome to shovel it in a vechicle that has a closed top.
-Deliver your product in a dump truck that can dump in almost any paved area. We have trucks of various sizes that can fit almost any need.
-Delivery your product in a SuperSack which is a 3'x3'x3' bag on a pallet. The SuperSack is brought to you and placed in a paved area using a forklift on the back of the truck.
- Fill any container you bring! It's much cheaper than buying prepackaged bags.
- Install the product for you! Simply fill out this on-line form below (labeled "FREE ESTIMATES"), select an appointment time, and we will be out there to provide an immediate on-site estimate for the work you would like completed! As a general rule, installation labor is approximately $75.00 per ton plus the cost of the material...again just a ballpark so you know what to expect.
Please see below for more detailed information about delivery.
How much do I need?
This is the most common question we have and it is easy to figure out with our gravel calculator! Bulk gravel is sold by ton which. If you provide input a little information to our calculator, we will provide you with how much gravel you will need for your project. Simply get the width and length of the areas that you will be applying the gravel and input the information in our gravel project calculator, then select your desired depth of gravel. The calculator will figure out how many tons you will need! Make sure you consider the existing plants in the area, you will not be applying gravel on top of them so minus some of the area out for that!
#411 Limestone Calculator
#411 Gravel Coverage:
Each ton covers approximately 60 square feet at 4" deep, 80 square feet at 3" deep, or 120 square feet at 2" deep.
This gravel has a large compaction ratio - meaning that when you put down 4", the gravel compacts to 3". You must account for a 75% compaction ratio when determining how much #411 Gravel to use.
#411 Gravel Color:
In central Ohio, this stone is generally a grey to tan color. There is a variation in color depending on the location and depth in quarry.
#411 Gravel Shape/Size:
This stone is angular in shape since it is crushed. The size ranges from 1/2 to 1 inch in size, generally it is considered a 3/4 ince stone. Unlike #57, the dust that is created from the crushing process is not removed. This means that the product is filled with a dust that's often called "screens". This is what allows the gravel to fill a space completely and become solid when compacted.
#411 Gravel Material:
Limestone and/or granite
Weight of #411 Gravel :
Volume of ton of #411 Gravel:
16 Cubic Feet
Gravel Installation Instructions:
This product is almost only used as a base material.
- Patios need at least 4" of #411 Gravel as a base with a leveling agent like #9 Gravel for the stone to lay naturally on. If you plan to place heavy objects on the patio such as a fireplace or hot tub, you need at least 6" of gravel to reduce sinking in that area. Paved driveways need least 10" of #411, especially if heavy vehicles will be driven on them.
- Small structures such as sheds generally need 3"-4" inches of #411 gravel while larger sheds may need more.
You must account for the compaction ratio!
- #411 Gravel roughly has a 75% compaction ratio. This means that if you put down 4" of #411 Gravel, it will compact to 3". You must account for this when attempting to fill an area to a specific height.
- #411 Gravel can retain water which makes it very difficult to compact if you attempt to compact too much wet #411 at one time.
- It is recommended to lay 2"-3" of #411 Gravel, compact the gravel, then repeat the process until you have reached your desired thickness.
- To compact #411 Gravel, you must use a "hand tamper" or a motorized compactor. Hand tampers are great for small thicknesses such as 2"-3" of thickness and less than 14" wide (such as a base for a wall). For a driveway, patio, or walkway, it is recommended that you use a gas compactor as this will not only allow you to compact the gravel much more quickly, it will typically compact the gravel more than you can by hand.
When in doubt, increase your base depth or backfill amount. While it may cost a little more, it pales in comparison to the cost of the rest of the job or for a repair that needs done years down the road.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call our experts at 614-792-8686 or use the chat window at the bottom right of your screen.
Other Packaging Options:
This product is also available in 50 pound bags!
Bulk products in loose form will be dumped from our trucks or loaded by machine in your open truck. Unfortunately, we cannot mix bulk products on the same truck nor can we dump your product in more than one spot. If you are interested in multiple bulk products, you may want to consider selecting the Supersack packaging option, then you can mix the bulk products on the same truck if they are all packaged in Supersacks. We can bring up to 15 cubic yards or tons of bulk or packaged material to you per delivery. Please keep in mind that our drivers ability to place the product in the exact location you want it may be limited due to access and overhead obstructions. We ship product 7 days a week, but please provide a two day notice when orders are placed on-line. Please contact us with any other questions!
Due to the nature of bulk products, it cannot be returned for credit.